Immigration Physicals in Malden, MA
If you are currently in the process of applying for U.S. citizenship, permanent residency or a green card, stop by AFC Urgent care in Malden, MA today! Our very own Dr. Michael Lowney is a USCIS Designated Civil Surgeon, meaning we are able to perform Immigration physical examinations for those in need at our center.
Here are a few of the services we offer for Immigration Physicals:
- Perform blood tests and TB tests
- We can administer required vaccinations
- Perform chest x-rays (if necessary)
After the exam is completed, we will fill out a completed I-693 Form for you to submit to the USCIS.
How you can expect the process to work:
- First visit
- 48 hours prior to your appointment, you have submitted to us a completed I-693 form with your full vaccination record. This will allow the physician to assess and determine what your individual needs are prior to your arrival, substantially reducing your time required at the center.
- The initial physical fee will also be collected during your first visit. Depending on your individual needs, other fees for x-ray, titers and vaccines may be applicable and will be collected at the time of service.
- A PPD test will be planted on your skin to test for Tuberculosis. This is required for applicants above age 2. You are required to return to our center between 48 and 72 hours after the test is planted for us to read to interpret the result.
- For applicants 15 years and older, we will draw blood to be sent to the lab to test for syphilis. We can expect to receive the result from the lab within a week.
- Based on individual needs, we will draw blood for titers to be sent to the lab to test for immunity to the infectious diseases required by USCIS. The results can be expected from the lab within a week.
- If titers are not required and we know exactly which vaccines are needed, we can administer the vaccines during this visit, eliminating the need for an additional visit.
- Second Visit
- You will be required to return to our center between 48 and 72 hours after your PPD test was planted during your first visit for us to read to interpret the result.
- If the read is positive, a chest x-ray will be required for the physician to further determine if there is evidence of active Tuberculosis. The result will be available right away and documented in the application. Additional fee for the x-ray will be due at time of service.
- Third Visit
- After we have received the results of the titers; usually within two weeks, we will contact you to come in for us to administer the vaccines if necessary. If necessary, additional fees will be due at time of service.
- The physical packet will be completed and sealed for your pickup and submission to USCIS.
Please be sure to call ahead at 781-322-7300 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lowney before coming in. We are conveniently located at 219 Centre Street in Malden, MA.