DOT Physicals in Malden, MA
The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires regular medical physical exams for CDL drivers. These tests are used to measure if the driver is fit to drive a commercial vehicle now and in the foreseeable future.
AFC Urgent Care Malden physicians can perform the examination, which includes a complete physical examination and a urinalysis and review of medical history.
The DOT does set minimum requirements to meet which include:
- Vision must be 20/40 with or without correction
- Must be able to determine differences in colors of traffic lights (i.e red, yellow, and green)
- Should be able to hear a whisper from a distance of 5 feet
- Blood pressure of at most 160/100
- Max of 200 blood sugar
- No signs of habit forming drug use
Please be sure to bring the following for your DOT physical:
- Current driver’s license
- Visual aids such as glasses or contacts
- Medical history
- Contact list of all doctors and specialists
- Current prescriptions, medications, and and over the counter medications
AFC Urgent Care Malden offers DOT physical examinations 7 days a week, no appointment necessary. We always accept walk-ins and have little to no wait time.
Our office is conveniently located at 219 Centre St is easily accessible by the MBTA off the Orange Line.
Stop in or call us for more information at 781-322-7300.